Alexander J. Pappas, M.D.
Dr. Alexander Pappas has been providing orthopedic foot and ankle care to the Grand Strand community since 2008. Dr. Pappas received his bachelor of science degree in biology from the College of Charleston in Charleston, South Carolina, where he went on to finish his medical studies at the Medical University of South Carolina, including the completion of a preliminary surgical internship.
After his internship training, Dr. Pappas underwent an orthopedic surgery residency at The University of Oklahoma College of Medicine in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. He decided to further specialize in the field of orthopedic foot and ankle care and pursued additional training by completing a fellowship in foot and ankle surgery at OrthoCarolina Foot & Ankle Institute in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Specializing in the latest technologies, Dr. Pappas has performed more than 100 total ankle replacements for patients suffering from arthritis of the ankle.
Dr. Pappas is certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery and is available to see foot and ankle patients in Myrtle Beach at our Carolina Forest office.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science in Biology: College of Charleston, Charleston, SC
- Doctor of Medicine: Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC
- Preliminary Surgery Internship: Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: The University of Oklahoma College of Medicine, Oklahoma City, OK
- Foot and Ankle Surgery Fellowship: OrthoCarolina Foot & Ankle Institute, Charlotte, NC
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society
- Horry County Medical Society
- South Carolina Medical Association
- South Carolina Orthopaedic Association
- Southern Orthopaedic Association
Hospital/Surgery Center Affiliations
- Carolina Bone & Joint Surgery Center
- Carolina Coast Surgery Center
- Grand Strand Medical Center
- McLeod Seacoast Hospital
- Foot and Ankle Surgery
210 Village Center Boulevard
Myrtle Beach, SC 29579
Suite 100 – Physical Therapy
Suite 120 – MRI
Suite 150 – Pain Management
Suite 200 – Orthopedics
- Orthopedics, MRI & Pain Management Phone:(843) 353-3460
- Physical Therapy Phone:(843) 712-7023
- Orthopedics, MRI & Physical Therapy Fax:(843) 236-3005
- Pain Management Fax:(843) 903-9032