Brian K. Blair, M.D.
Specialties:Sports Medicine, Arthroscopic Surgery of the Hip, Knee, Shoulder, Elbow, and Ankle, Knee and Shoulder Replacement
Dr. Brian Blair is an orthopedic sports medicine specialist with a focus on arthroscopic surgery, including ankle arthroscopy, elbow arthroscopy, hip arthroscopy, knee arthroscopy, and shoulder arthroscopy. Dr. Blair also specializes in reconstruction of the knee and shoulder. In addition to his surgical expertise, her offers nonsurgical solutions for the treatment of arthritis and chronic tendinopathies (such as Achilles tendonitis, golfer’s elbow, tennis elbow, and biceps tendonitis). Dr. Blair is also certified in ImPACT® concussion management.
After graduating from Furman University in Greenville, South Carolina, Dr. Blair attended the Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston, South Carolina. He then completed his orthopedic surgery residency at Fort Worth affiliated hospitals in Fort Worth, Texas. Dr. Blair later pursued further specialized training through a sports medicine fellowship at the Steadman Hawkins Clinic of the Carolinas in Greenville, South Carolina.
Over the years, Dr. Blair has been involved in the care of recreational, college, and professional athletes, including the Colorado Rockies of Major League Baseball. Prior to medical school, Dr. Blair was an All-Conference soccer player and student-athlete and went on to play professional soccer for the Charleston Battery, winning a national championship in 1996. His experiences as a former and current athlete give him a valuable perspective in treating his patients.
Dr. Blair and his wife, Ruthie, have two children. He resides in Pawleys Island and enjoys cooking and playing golf and soccer in his free time.
Use the buttons below to learn more about the procedures Dr. Blair specializes in:
Dr. Blair has the distinction of holding a Subspecialty Certificate in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine from the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery. He is available to see patients with sports-related injuries and joint care needs at our Murrells Inlet and Market Common offices.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry: Furman University, Greenville, SC
- Doctor of Medicine: Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: Fort Worth Affiliated Hospitals, Fort Worth, TX
- Sports Medicine Fellowship: Steadman Hawkins Clinic of the Carolinas, Spartanburg, SC
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Subspecialty Certificate in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Fellow
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- Hawkins Foundation
- Southern Medical Association
- Texas Orthopaedic Association
- Coast FA Soccer Club
- Coker College
- Florence Phantoms
- Florence-Area High Schools
- Francis Marion University
- Gymnastics & More
- Gymnastics Inc.
Hospital/Surgery Center Affiliations
- Carolina Coast Surgery Center
- McLeod Seacoast Hospital
- Tidelands Waccamaw Community Hospital
- Complex Knee Injuries and Replacement
- Complex Shoulder Injuries and Replacement
- Hip Arthroscopy
- ImPACT Concussion Management
- Joint Preservation and Maintenance
- Sports Medicine
- Sportsmetrics™ ACL Injury Prevention
3545 Frontage Road
Murrells Inlet, SC 29576
Suite 200 – Orthopedics
Suite 250 – Physical Therapy
MRI – Mobile unit located in back of building
- Orthopedics & MRI Phone:(843) 353-3460
- Physical Therapy Phone:(854) 854-8551
- Fax:(843) 294-1945
3620 Walton Drive
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
Unit C-5 – Orthopedics
Unit C-6 – Physical Therapy
- Phone:(843) 353-3460
- Fax:(844) 812-4549
- “Today I received my durolane injections on both knees. I'm in some pain but quite happy overall, thanks to Dr. Blair.”– Juan G.Patient Rating: