Christopher C. Feathers, M.D.
Specialties:Primary Care Sports Medicine
Dr. Christopher Feathers has practiced primary care sports medicine in the Grand Strand community since 2011. Dr. Feathers graduated magna cum laude with a bachelor of science degree in biology from West Virginia University before completing his medical degree and an internal medicine and pediatrics residency at West Virginia University School of Medicine in Morgantown, West Virginia.
Following his residency training, Dr. Feathers pursued specialty training in primary care sports medicine through a fellowship at Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania. With this advanced training, Dr. Feathers offers the highest level of nonoperative sports medicine care, including fluoroscopically guided joint injections, ultrasound-guided injections, and sports-related concussion evaluation and management.
Dr. Feathers is certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine and serves as a sports medicine provider for Coastal Carolina University, Socastee High School, and St. James High School.
Dr. Feathers is available to see patients in need of specialized, nonsurgical care for sports-related orthopedic injuries in Myrtle Beach at our Carolina Forest office.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science in Biology: West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV
- Doctor of Medicine: West Virginia University School of Medicine, Morgantown, WV
- Internal Medicine and Pediatrics Residency: West Virginia University School of Medicine, Morgantown, WV
- Primary Care Sports Medicine Fellowship: Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine, Wilkes-Barre, PA
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- American College of Physicians
- American College of Sports Medicine
- American Medical Society for Sports Medicine
- South Carolina Medical Association
- Coastal Carolina University
- Socastee High School
- St. James High School
- Sports Concussions
- Sports Medicine
210 Village Center Boulevard
Myrtle Beach, SC 29579
Suite 100 – Physical Therapy
Suite 120 – MRI
Suite 150 – Pain Management
Suite 200 – Orthopedics
- Orthopedics, MRI & Pain Management Phone:(843) 353-3460
- Physical Therapy Phone:(843) 712-7023
- Orthopedics, MRI & Physical Therapy Fax:(843) 236-3005
- Pain Management Fax:(843) 903-9032
- “Dr. Feathers was very knowledgeable and had a great bedside manner. The nurse, Lindsay, and the other receptionists were also very friendly. Lindsay did a great job fitting me for a walking boot.”– Wendy S.Patient Rating: