Edward J. Mikol, M.D.
Specialties:Shoulder, Sports Medicine, Arthroscopic Surgery, Hip and Knee Surgery
Dr. Edward Mikol has been providing orthopedic care to the Grand Strand community since 2000. He earned his bachelor’s degree from The George Washington University in Washington, D.C. There, he went on to complete his medical education at The George Washington University School of Medicine & Health Sciences, where he received his surgical internship and orthopedic surgery residency training. Dr. Mikol later underwent specialty training in sports medicine and arthroscopic surgery through a fellowship at Southern Sports Medicine & Orthopaedic Center, P.C., in Nashville, Tennessee.
Dr. Mikol is a founding partner for one of the core orthopedic groups in OrthoSC and is certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery. He was awarded a U.S. patent for a method to repair proximal humeral fractures, and a European version was awarded in 2007. This invention provides an option for the treatment of fractures of the shoulder and humerus, but it can be applied to other specific bones as well.
Raised on Long Island, New York, Dr. Mikol and his wife, Jane, currently reside in Myrtle Beach and attend Pawleys Island Presbyterian Church. He is an avid outdoor sports enthusiast and enjoys scuba diving and underwater photography, and he has traveled extensively throughout the U.S. and abroad to photograph indigenous wildlife and natural scenery. Dr. Mikol also restores vintage automobiles and collects antique medical and surgical instruments and equipment.
Dr. Mikol is available to see patients in need of sports medicine and joint replacement care at our Murrells Inlet office.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Arts in Computer Science and Statistics: The George Washington University, Washington, D.C.
- Doctor of Medicine: The George Washington University School of Medicine & Health Sciences, Washington, D.C.
- Surgery Internship: The George Washington University School of Medicine & Health Sciences, Washington, D.C.
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: The George Washington University School of Medicine & Health Sciences, Washington, D.C.
- Sports Medicine and Arthroscopic Surgery Fellowship: Southern Sports Medicine & Orthopaedic Center, P.C., Nashville, TN
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Georgetown County Medical Society
- Horry County Medical Society
- Medical Society of South Carolina
- South Carolina Medical Association
- Myrtle Beach Mutiny, NPSL Soccer Team
Hospital/Surgery Center Affiliations
- Carolina Coast Surgery Center
- Tidelands Waccamaw Community Hospital
- Grand Strand Medical Center
- Hip, Knee, and Shoulder Arthroscopy
- Hip, Knee, and Shoulder Replacements
- Hip, Knee, and Shoulder Tendon Repairs
- Sports Injuries
- Complex Fractures and Dislocations
3545 Frontage Road
Murrells Inlet, SC 29576
Suite 200 – Orthopedics
Suite 250 – Physical Therapy
MRI – Mobile unit located in back of building
- Orthopedics & MRI Phone:(843) 353-3460
- Physical Therapy Phone:(854) 854-8551
- Fax:(843) 294-1945
- “My first time here and had to have 2 shots one in my hip and one my shoulder. I hate needles but I must say it did not hurt at all. Dr. Mikol talked the whole time so I wasn’t thinking about it. Thank you all for being so nice.”– Elaine E.Patient Rating: