James O. Merritt, IV, M.D.
Specialties:Hip, Joint Replacement & Revision, Knee, Shoulder
Dr. James Merritt is a Charleston, South Carolina, native who started practicing orthopedics in the community in 2005. He graduated from Wofford College in Spartanburg, South Carolina, with honors, earning a bachelor of science degree in biology.
Following his undergraduate studies, Dr. Merritt went on to the Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston to earn his medical doctorate. There, he also completed a general surgery internship and an orthopedic surgery residency.
Dr. Merritt is certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery. He specializes in arthroscopic surgery of the knee and shoulder as well as total joint replacement and is available to see patients in Myrtle Beach at our Carolina Forest office.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science in Biology: Wofford College, Spartanburg, SC
- Doctor of Medicine: Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC
- General Surgery Internship: Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Medical Association
- Horry County Medical Society
- South Carolina Medical Association
Hospital/Surgery Center Affiliations
- Carolina Bone & Joint Surgery Center
- Conway Medical Center
- Grand Strand Medical Center
- McLeod Seacoast Hospital
- Arthroscopic Surgery of the Knee and Shoulder
- Total Joint Replacement
210 Village Center Boulevard
Myrtle Beach, SC 29579
Suite 100 – Physical Therapy
Suite 120 – MRI
Suite 150 – Pain Management
Suite 200 – Orthopedics
- Orthopedics, MRI & Pain Management Phone:(843) 353-3460
- Physical Therapy Phone:(843) 712-7023
- Orthopedics, MRI & Physical Therapy Fax:(843) 236-3005
- Pain Management Fax:(843) 903-9032
- “Dr. Merritt is the best. He is patient, knowledgeable, and polite. He takes the time to listen to what you have to say and makes you feel very comfortable.”– Laurie B.Patient Rating: