Max D. Gehrman, M.D.
Specialties:Sports Medicine, Knee, Shoulder, Elbow, Hip, Wrist, Ankle, Joint Replacement
Dr. Max Gehrman is a fellowship-trained sports medicine surgeon who specializes in evidence-based and minimally invasive care for orthopedic and sports-related injuries and conditions. Available in North Myrtle Beach, Dr. Gehrman treats patients of all ages. He takes a patient-centered approach to care and uses shared decision-making in treatment plans to help his patients meet their goals and get back to doing what they love.
A Wisconsin native, Dr. Gehrman completed his undergraduate studies and medical degree at the University of Wisconsin in Madison. He then underwent his orthopedic surgery internship and residency at Geisinger Medical Center in Danville, Pennsylvania. Dr. Gehrman then chose to pursue further subspecialty training in complex sports-related care for collegiate and professional athletes by completing a yearlong sports medicine fellowship at Wake Forest School of Medicine in Winston-Salem, North Carolina.
With a history of providing coverage for elite athletes, Dr. Gehrman now serves as a Coastal Carolina University team physician. He keeps a commitment to a healthy lifestyle when he isn’t seeing patients by staying active with his wife and son. He also enjoys playing golf, traveling, and attending sporting events with his family.
Dr. Gehrman is available to see patients with sports injuries and other bone, joint, and muscle needs at our North Myrtle Beach office.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science in Biology: University of Wisconsin–Madison, Madison, WI
- Doctor of Medicine: University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: Geisinger Medical Center, Danville, PA
- Sports Medicine Fellowship: Wake Forest School of Medicine, Winston-Salem, NC
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
Hospital/Surgery Center Affiliations
- McLeod Seacoast Hospital
- Carolina Bone & Joint Surgery Center
- Grand Strand Medical Center
- Achilles Tendon Repair
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) & Multiligamentous Knee Reconstruction
- Adolescent Sports Medicine Surgery
- Arthroscopic (Minimally Invasive) Surgery of the Shoulder, Knee, Hip, Elbow & Ankle
- Cartilage Restoration
- Endoscopic Carpal Tunnel Release
- Distal Biceps Repair
- Elbow Stabilization
- Femoroacetabular Impingement (FAI) Syndrome
- Fracture Care
- Gluteal Tear, Hamstring & Quadriceps Repair
- Joint Injections
- Meniscus & Patellar Tendon Repair
- Osteotomies for Alignment Correction
- Patellofemoral Instability Reconstruction
- Rotator Cuff Repair
- Shoulder Replacement
- Shoulder Stabilization Procedures
- Ulnar Collateral Ligament Reconstruction (Tommy John Surgery)
1621 Highway 17 North
North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582
- Phone:(843) 353-3460