Michael N. Bohan, M.D.
Specialties:Knee, Hip Primary Replacement & Revision Surgery
Dr. Michael N. Bohan has been practicing orthopedic surgery on the Grand Strand since 2000. Specializing in knee and hip replacement, Dr. Bohan performs primary knee and hip replacement as well as complex revision surgeries. He has a special interest in outpatient total joint replacement, specifically, performing total hip and knee surgeries in an outpatient setting.
Born in Cleveland, Ohio, Dr. Bohan grew up in Western New York where he spent his formative years outdoors skiing, hunting, fishing, swimming, and playing tennis. Ready for some warmer weather, Dr. Bohan headed south after graduation. He attended Davidson College where he graduated with a BS in Biology. He went on to attend Wake Forest School of Medicine and subsequently completed his orthopedic surgery residency at Wake Forest as well. Dr. Bohan has advanced specialty training in anterior hip replacement.
Dr. Bohan is the Director of Joint Replacement at Tidelands Waccamaw Community Hospital and the Director of Outpatient Total Joint Replacement at Carolina Coast Surgery Center. He is also a founding partner of Carolina Orthopaedics, one of the core constituent groups of OrthoSC.
Dr. Bohan resides in Pawleys Island with his wife, Kristin, and their two children, Gabrielle and Nolan. He enjoys tennis, golf, skiing, hunting, and fishing. He spends a lot of time as a "tennis dad" traveling throughout the southwest watching his children play in USTA tennis tournaments.
Dr. Bohan is available to see knee, hip, and joint replacement and revision patients at our Murrells Inlet office.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science in Biology: Davidson College, Davidson, NC
- Doctor of Medicine: Wake Forest School of Medicine, Winston-Salem, NC
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center, Winston-Salem, NC
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- South Carolina Medical Association
- South Carolina Orthopaedic Association
Hospital/Surgery Center Affiliations
- Carolina Coast Surgery Center
- Tidelands Waccamaw Community Hospital
- Primary and Complex Revision Joint Replacement Surgery of the Knee and Hip
3545 Frontage Road
Murrells Inlet, SC 29576
Suite 200 – Orthopedics
Suite 250 – Physical Therapy
MRI – Mobile unit located in back of building
- Orthopedics & MRI Phone:(843) 353-3460
- Physical Therapy Phone:(854) 854-8551
- Fax:(843) 294-1945
- “Dr. Bohan gave me a shot in my knee, which hurt a bit, but it was an experience that I believe will help me.”– Jennifer M.Patient Rating: