Kimberly Jackson comes to us with over 20 years of medical experience. She is originally from Detroit, Michigan, but spent most of her early childhood traveling the country as an "Air Force Brat." She worked as an EMT (emergency medical technician) immediately after high school and continued this profession for years before jumping into the nursing field.
Kimberly was determined to work her way up the nursing ladder. She received her Certified Nursing Assistant certification, and she worked with Alzheimer’s and dementia patients. She then went back to school and obtained her associate's degree in nursing, followed by her bachelor's degree in nursing, and then her master's degree in nursing, all while working full time as an orthopedic nurse and raising her daughters. After graduate school, Kimberly specialized in infectious diseases and worked in this profession before transitioning back to her orthopedic roots.
In her spare time, Kimberly enjoys spending time with her family, traveling, and attending sporting events.
Education & Training
- Associate’s Degree in Nursing: Horry Georgetown Technical College, Myrtle Beach, SC
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing: Chamberlain University College of Nursing, St. Louis, MO
- Master’s Degree in Nursing: Walden University, Minneapolis, MN
- Family Practice: Tidelands Waccamaw Family Medicine, Pawleys Island, SC
- Adult/Gerontology: Conway Manor, Conway, SC
- Acute Care: Tidelands Health Rehabilitation Hospital, Murrells Inlet, SC
- Acute Care: Grand Strand Medical Center, Myrtle Beach, SC
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurse
- Acute Care and Adult-Gerontology
- Joint Replacements
- Intraoperative and Postoperative Surgical Care
- Infectious Joint Care